IG's customer support: what's your real experience when you actually need them?

I’ve been considering opening an account with IG but I keep seeing mixed reviews about their support quality. Some traders say they get responses quickly, others complain about long wait times and unclear answers. I’m specifically worried about what happens if I run into withdrawal issues or platform problems during volatile market conditions.

I’m also curious how IG stacks up against other brokers I’ve used. The spreads look competitive, but I want to understand the full picture before depositing real money. Does the rebate system through GlobeGain actually help offset some of the friction when support is slow? I’m trying to figure out if the cost of doing business with IG is worth it when you factor in everything.

What’s been your honest experience with IG’s support? Have you had to contact them during stressful situations and how did they handle it?

IG support is slow during spikes

Better than some brokers not great

IG’s support is reliable but not fast. For withdrawals, responses typically come within 24 to 48 hours on weekdays. Platform issues get priority so you won’t wait long there. The real issue is during high volatility when their volume is high. I’ve noticed their live chat handles simple questions better than complex account issues. Keep GlobeGain rebate logs handy when contacting them about fee discrepancies. They respond better when you reference documented trading data.

I’ve had decent luck with IG support overall. When I needed help with a platform issue, they responded within a few hours. Withdrawals have been straightforward for me, usually processed in one or two days.

The frustrating part is sometimes the answers feel generic. I’ve had to follow up multiple times on specific questions. Using the rebate logs from GlobeGain actually helped me provide better details when contacting them about my trading costs.

I wouldn’t say they’re the best, but they’re not terrible either.

My experience has been mixed. Support is available which is good, but response quality varies. Some reps clearly know their stuff, others give you generic answers.

Withdrawals work fine. I’ve never had real problems getting my money out. Platform stability is solid for me most of the time.

The rebates from GlobeGain definitely help soften the impact if support takes a while to resolve something. At least you’re getting some cashback while you wait.

Waited like two hours for live chat once. Email is slower but eventually works.

Opened my IG account about a year ago and support has been inconsistent. Early on when spreads spiked during Brexit volatility, I couldn’t reach anyone meaningful for hours. That was stressful.

Now they’re faster but I think it’s because I have more trading volume with them. Withdrawals have always been clean, no drama there.

The GlobeGain rebates make a real difference if support delays frustrate you. At least you’re earning back some spread cost while waiting for answers. I track everything and it adds up.

IG’s support depends heavily on timing and question complexity. Simple platform questions get quick answers through live chat. Anything involving account settings, withdrawals, or regulatory stuff gets routed to email and takes a full business day.

I’ve experienced real delays during volatile sessions when their support team is clearly overwhelmed. That bothered me enough that I started building my trading strategy around GlobeGain rebates to offset the cost of slow service. Sounds weird but it actually changed how I evaluate whether IG is worth using long term.